The Return of the Orange Blossom Festival Street Parade
Saturday 9 September | Rouse Hill Town Centre
Residents, visitors and foodies alike are invited to enjoy a taste of spring at The Hills Shire’s biggest community event – the Orange Blossom Festival.
The 2023 festival will run throughout September with two major events, the OBF Night Markets and the return of the iconic OBF Parade.
A range of Orange Blossom Festival Associated Events organised and delivered by community groups will also run throughout September as part of the month-long festival.
Walk down memory lane? The OBF Parade is back and bigger than ever with fantastic floats, face painting, environmental workshops and a special performance from PAW Patrol.
Mayor of The Hills Shire Dr Peter Gangemi said this year’s Orange Blossom Festival celebrates the Hills Shire community’s past and present.
“We’re going back to our roots this year with the much-loved OBF Parade,” Mayor Gangemi said.
“Orange Blossom Festival began in 1959 as a ‘Footpath and Garden Competition’, and then in 1961, it became a parade through the main street of Castle Hill and a fair in Arthur Whitling Park.
“This year’s parade will be held at Rouse Hill Town Centre and will include some fantastic floats and some of our community groups who will march and perform alongside them in the parade. There will also be a special appearance from PAW Patrol for the kids.
“Orange Blossom Festival has been a celebration of our community for more than half a century, and I can’t wait for families and friends, local businesses and our community groups to come together to continue the tradition while making new memories this year.”
OBF Street Parade Program*
11am Parade Start
- Horse & Carriage
- Flower Squad Trio
- Stilt Flowers Duo
- Golden Kangaroos Marching Band
- PAW Patrol
- The Stage Door Performing Arts
- Riding for the Disabled NSW Tall Timbers Centre
- Hills Shire Council Library Service
- Fire Brigade
- School of Rock
- Sydney iDance Studio
- Governor Macquarie Pipe Band
- Base 181 Studios
- Caper School of Performing Arts
- Sydney Hills Garden Shire Chines Folk Art Inc Dancers + Drums
- MNM Creating & Performing
- Crestwood School of Dance
- Vintage Truck
- Sonic Performance & Production
- Castle Hill RSL Band
- Instyle Performing Arts
- Mayoral Float with Pippa
On the Main Stage
- 11.30am - Welcome Speech by Hills Shire Mayor Dr Peter Gangemi
- 11.40am - Instyle Performing Arts
- 12 Noon - PAW Patrol Live Show
- 12.25pm - The Stage Door Performing Arts
- 12.40pm - Caper School of Performing Arts
- 1pm - Base 181 Studios
- 1.20pm - Sonic Performance and Production
- 1.30pm - PAW Patrol Live Show
- 1.55pm - Sydney iDance Studio
- 2.10pm - Crestwood School of Dance
- 2.25pm - MNM Creating & Performing
- 2.35pm - Sydney Hills Garden Shire Chinese Folk Art Inc
- 2.50pm - Tiny Toes Ballet
- 3.05pm - Nupur Dance Group
- 3.15pm - School of Rock Bella Vista
*Schedule and event details subject to change.
Access and Inclusion
A Social Story has been developed to help people with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and may also be useful for other people with learning and intellectual disorders to understand what to expect when coming to our event. It prepares them for social situations by providing clear information about what will happen and what typical responses might be.
Download the Orange Blossom Festival Parade Social Story(PDF, 10MB)
Rouse Hill Town Centre is located on Windsor Road, Rouse Hill.
We recommend travelling to the event via the Sydney Metro or bus network with access directly to the parade. Plan your trip at transportnsw.info
Bus Information is available here.